Chilllleeee…what’s one good book that you COULD. NOT. PUT DOWN. in 2019? 📚
For me, it was The Eating Instinct, by journalist & author, Virginia Sole-Smith. If I could screenshot the whole book and put it on IG stories, I would. In this book, Virginia visits kitchen tables around America to tell her own story, as well as the stories of women recovering from weight loss surgery, of people who eat only nine foods, of families with unlimited grocery budgets and those on food stamps. The book is a deep dive into how we all learn to eat in today’s toxic food culture. Virginia’s approach is relatable, non-judgmental and really resonated with us.
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- How Virginia got into this work (it started when her newborn stopped eating) and how Virginia’s relationship with food evolved throughout the years
- How social media has contributed to our heightened stress around food
- How to navigate food issues with kids, especially for parents who are struggling trying to get their little ones to try new foods
- For moms navigating their own body issues, she talks about things you can do to make sure you’re not projecting that onto your kids
- Also fun fact, Virginia and her co-host, Amy, interviewed me for her podcast (called Comfort Food), so be on the lookout for that interview next week.
SHOUT OUT TO OUR PODCAST SPONSORS
Take the stress out of wedding planning with ZOLA’s free wedding websites, easy wedding registry, affordable invite suites, and more! Build your free wedding website on Zola and get $50 toward your registry. Go to ZOLA.com/foodheaven and get started today!
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!