You don’t have to be a vegan to enjoy these amazing Vegan Huevos Rancheros. Add this dish to your regular routine because it is simple to make and totally delectable. Get your Mexican pants on and enjoy this dish.
Looking for a way to try that tofu you’ve been skeptical to buy? Well this is it! Tofu is made from curdled soy milk that the water has been removed from. It can be fairly bland so it is great to marinate and flexible for whatever flavors you want to add. Tofu tends to have a meat like texture that many people like. It is a great source of protein from that soy and provides a healthy dose of calcium and manganese. The combo of tofu and beans will create a protein packed meal to help keep you feeling full and healthy for the long run.
To make this dish, we’re going to start by sautéing two tablespoons of chopped onion and one clove of chopped garlic in some olive oil on medium heat. Next, you will add one can of beans with a bit of cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder for a nice flavor kick. Cook this mixture up for about five minutes. For the tofu scramble, you’ll start by crumbling the tofu with your hands or fork until it resembles the appearance of scrambled eggs. Saute your onions and garlic again, toss in those spices, and add the tofu, cooking for about five minutes. Cover and reduce to a simmer for another five minutes. Next, you’ll make that delicious salsa to top this one off. Chop up your tomato, garlic, onions, and cilantro and mix it all together. Cook this mixture on low heat for a few minutes until tomatoes are nice and soft and juicy. Throw in some fresh lime juice, salt and pepper, and enjoy!
You can add almost anything you would like to this versatile dish. Put it all in a warm, whole wheat tortilla with sliced avocado for a tasty breakfast burrito. What do you think about the tofu swap for eggs? Something you will want to try? I think yes is the answer to that one! Let us know what you think in the comments below!
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- 1 tomato
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute 2 tablespoons of chopped onion and 1 clove of chopped garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat
- Add can of beans + 1 tablespoon of cumin, 1 tablespoon of chili powder + 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Crumble tofu with your hands or a fork until it resembles the consistency of scrambled eggs
- Saute 2 tablespoons of onions with 1 clove of garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat
- Add 1 tablespoon of cumin, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 tablespoon of curry powder and 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Add tofu, stir and cook for about 5 minutes
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for another 5 minutes
- Chop tomato, 1 clove of garlic, 1-2 tablespoons of onions 3 tablespoons of cilantro
- Mix everything together
- Cook mixture on a low heat for a few minutes until tomatoes are juicy
- Top with fresh squeezed lime
- Top with salt and pepper to taste
- Enjoy with sliced avocado and/or tortillas!