How could you resist? How delicious does this Rum Infused Dark Hot Chocolate sound? Fall is rolling in and this is the perfect treat for warming up on those crisp fall and winter nights. You deserve to treat yourself and this is the ideal way to do it!
Did you know that dark chocolate has great health benefits? It is a great source of antioxidants which can help fight off chronic diseases by fighting free radicals. Free radical damage has been linked to various cancers, aging, and a variety of diseases. Dark chocolate is even a good source of iron, magnesium, copper, and manganese to help you get a healthy dose of minerals. This is fantastic news for all you chocolate lovers out there! Cinnamon also has many health benefits. It has been linked with reduced risk of high cholesterol, high triglycerides, and cardiovascular disease. Other compounds in cinnamon have also been found to help with obesity and type 2 diabetes. We’re here to prove that hot chocolate can be good for your health and your sanity!
Brew this baby by heating the almond milk in a small pot on low-medium heat until the milk comes to a slight boil. Next, add in the chocolate and stir continuously until it is all melted into the milk. Keep a close eye on it, ensuring that the mixture does not begin to burn! It should only take about two minutes to melt. Add in your sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon sticks and continue cooking over low heat for about five to seven minutes. Last, but most certainly not least, add in the dark rum and stirring for another minute. Voila! You’re all done.
Cozy up on the couch to savor this chocolate sensation. It only takes ten easy minutes to make yourself a delectable dessert. What do you think of our dark chocolate-rum combo? Let us know in the comments below!
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 50 grams of dark chocolate (half a bar)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 ounce of dark rum
- In a small pot under low-medium flame, heat up the almond milk until it comes to a slight boil.
- Add in chocolate, and continuously stir until all of it is melted into the milk (~2 minutes).
- Add in sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon sticks. Cook under a low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the rum last, and stir for another minute.