Today we’re talking with THE Evelyn Tribole (!!!, literally screaming), co-author of the best selling Intuitive Eating book, which is pretty much our intuitive eating bible. Evelyn is a walking source of knowledge, and we wanted to have a conversation with her about call out culture and cultivating compassion through communication. SO many gems were dropped and this has been one of our favorite episodes!!
Evelyn Tribole, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S is the author of 9 books and co-author of the best-selling Intuitive Eating, a mind-body self-care eating framework with 10 principles, which has given rise to over 125 studies to date, showing benefit. As an international speaker and workshop leader, Evelyn enjoys training health professionals on how to help their clients cultivate a healthy relationship with food, mind, and body through the process of Intuitive Eating.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- Evelyn’s personal experiences throughout the years with call out culture
- How social media and the internet has amplified cancel culture
- Ways that call out culture has manifested in the dietitian community with people disagreeing on the intuitive eating vs weight loss approach
- The difference between calling out, calling on, and calling in
- How to develop self preservation and compassion with disagreements & MORE!
SHOUT OUT TO OUR PODCAST SPONSORS:
- OMAX Health: Visit OMAXhealth.com and enter code FOODHEAVEN at checkout for 20% off Cryofreeze and sitewide
- GoMacro: visit gomacro.com and enter code FOODHEAVEN for 30% off + free shipping!
- Muniq Life: visit go.muniqlife.com/foodheaven to get 33% off + free shipping!
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wed and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.