Elotes. They make my heart smile. This Mexican treat is a corn on the cob usually made with mayo, butter, cheese, and spices. Being the dietitian that I am, I had to healthy this up a bit. I popped these babies in the broiler, and topped them with a simple tahini cayenne dressing that I think you’ll love. Hope you give them a try!
This little treat makes a great side dish for a summer night. Pair this with our Spiced Lentil Burger for savory and healthy summer night meal! Start by broiling three medium corn cobs on high for about ten minutes. While your cobs are baking, prepare your tahini sauce by mixing tahini, water, and garlic powder, and then adding salt and a kick of cayenne. Once the cobs are finished, garnish with the sauce and add some scallions or red pepper flakes!
Corn has plenty of health benefits even though it often gets a bad rap for being a starchy vegetable. Corn is a great source of antioxidants, which can help reduce the risk of cancer. It also provides a nice dose of fiber!
Tahini is absolutely delicious and will make this corn to die for. Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds and is packed with all the nutrition! It is a great source of minerals like phosphorous, magnesium, potassium, iron. It is also a great source of calcium and healthy B vitamins. Not to mention, tahini is full of healthy fats, which will help keep you full and your taste buds happy.
Have you ever tried tahini sauce on corn? Let me tell you, you need it in your life. Let us know in the comments section what you think! xo
- 3 medium corn cobs
- 1 tablespoon of tahini sauce
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper and salt to taste
- Optional: scallions and red pepper flakes
- Place the corn cobs on a oven tray, and place on the broiler on high for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine tahini sauce, water, and garlic powder. Mix until consistency is reached, and then add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Remove the corn cobs from the oven, place on a plate, and drizzle the tahini dressing on top.
- Optional: Garnish with chopped scallions and red pepper flakes.