Who can ever go wrong with avocados? They’re pretty much perfect, which is why we developed these avocado toast recipes. I love avocado toast because it’s so easy to prepare, and makes for a filling and nutrient-rich breakfast. You can also make some beautiful combinations of any type of ingredients. Avocado toast can be so much fun. Here are 2 variations that will rock your socks. As always, feel free to mix things up and add your favorite toppings!
Avocados have tons of healthy fats and potassium and may even help lower cholesterol levels. They bring so much flavor to anything you add them to. The high fat content (keeping in mind they are healthy fats!) helps keep you full for hours.
For the first play on avocado toast, I did an egg and red pepper combo. How gorgeous are these? All you have to do is mash up avocado in a small bowl with salt and pepper and then spread the mixture on some toast. Cook your egg to your liking (I personally love mine over easy). Add the egg on top of the avocado spread and sprinkle with some red pepper flakes for a fiery kick!
- 2 slices of toast (I used this multigrain bread from Trader Joes)
- 1/2 avocado
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Avocado Toast #1:
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
The second version includes feta cheese and radishes. Need I say more? Again, take your avocado and mash quickly in a bowl with salt and pepper. Take the spread and add it to your toast. Top the toast with feta cheese and sliced radishes and enjoy!
Avocado Toast #2:
- 1 ounce of feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 radish
- Smash up the avocado in a small bowl, and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Spread the avocado cream on each slice of toast. (Optional: You can heat up the toast beforehand)
- For avocado toast #1, cook 1 egg to your liking- this one is over easy. Add to one of the toasts, and top off with red pepper flakes.
- For avocado toast #2, simply add feta and radishes to the other slice. Enjoy!
These are just two of the thousands of avocado toast options you can make. I eat avocado toast for any meal of the day! Prepare when you’re running late for work and need a quick fix. The options are endless! Get creative. What are your favorite avocado toast creations? Let us know in the comments below! xo